Here’s a warp speed rundown of things I might have been blogging about if I had been blogging lately
- Snailmailr — Are we serious with this? Spend a dollar and get all the benefits of a real letter without any of that pesky “getting off the computer!” I’ve got to wonder how many people are going to open their mailboxes to find Snailmailr items whose full text is “lol this is cool imo”
- LASERS IN THE DAMN SKY OH SHIT
- Joe Shuster, co-creator of Superman, apparently liked to draw light bondage cartoons.
- “Commit to starting. Commit to finishing. Commit to beginning again.” On persistence in writing.
- Here’s a pretty dope tape of MJ-sampling beats. Not that there aren’t a thousand of these already on the internets, but I’ve listened to a shitload and this is one of the best.
- Ethan Hein says a bunch of interesting things about Super Mario Bros that don’t really go anywhere, but you should read them anyway
- The Roots jam with Ornette Coleman holy hell two of my worlds just collided
- Breaking down the music industry circa 2009 with a bunch of hilarious pie charts
- T.A.N. wonders why hip-hop still gets no respect and when boomers will stfu about Woodstock
- I always wondered if anybody would talk to John Forte, rapper/dude caught with a bunch of Coke/W.’s weirdest pardon, and somebody finally did.
So that’s that. I might be back with more later. I might not. Probably don’t hold your breath.